Saturday, June 26, 2010

On the Road Again

Left California at 4am. The pictures didn't start until Vegas, and this was the first...


~*~

Driving cross country always surprises me as to how much open land still exists out there.


~*~


The have alpacas in Idaho. Who knew? This guy was across the road from our tent site at the KOA in Pocatello, Idaho. We had bought William a cheap little handcarved slingshot in Utah and he spent all afternoon collecting gravel to practice shooting the poor animal. (Don't worry, his rocks never made it more than four feet in front of him, but he was having such a blast I hadn't the heart to instruct him on the finer points of animal cruelty.)




~*~

Driving through Montana - no matter which direction I looked, there were mountain ranges. Most of them had some form of snow at the peaks...in June, no less. I think if I had to, I could live in Montana. It was my  most favorite state to drive through on this route, hands down.



~*~




We finally made it to the cabin! This is the view of the lake from our front porch...(looking to the left)


~*~

(and then looking to the right...)




~*~


My mother also rented a pontoon for the week. David has since told me that he now wants one. Some other activities there included:

fishing with cousin Lacey


~*~


david's first attempt to clean a fish



~*~


what's David without a guitar?
(sorry that it's sideways)




~*~


waterskiing for the first time! (I refused after I watched David bite it in the face three times in a row, and then crawl back into the boat complaining how much his arm muscles hurt.)

 

~*~


ogeling over my cousin's skill


~*~

and tubing...where we bit it and flipped going 40 mph. I really never knew how much water, as a landing surface, hurts! Allow me to show you the following sequence of events....

Step 1: Get in the tube.

~*~

Step 2: Find a comfortable position



~*~

Step 3: Realize too late that falling into the bottom of the tube is not a good idea. Wait.
Realize that you're backwards. Husband pees his pants laughing at you.



~*~


Step 4: Hit cruising altitude.



~*~

Step 5: Hit turbulence and crash. (The big blob on top is David flying, the big blob on the bottom is me smashing into the water neck first).







0 comments: