Friday, June 17, 2011

Nothing says I miss you like Spinach Artichoke Pasta

One of the things I hate most about living on opposite sides of the country is that you aren't in my kitchen.
This is where I like you to be; this is where you belong.
You always know what seasoning should go on top of my meat or which pasta and vegetable would make the perfect side dish - which you will promptly be able to make without a recipe.
Consequently, I am very lonely in my kitchen. And in my world, loneliness breeds boredom.
And when I get bored, I get restless.
And when I get restless, you should probably watch out.
Which is why, last night, I decided to make my first attempt at producing a Food-Blog-worthy entry.
This was nothing short of embarrassing and disastrous.
How do all these people make such beautiful dishes?
I shall tell you!
EXPENSIVE CAMERAS.
And an eye for dish presentation doesn't hurt...



I mean, let's be honest - that doesn't look remotely appetizing!
Especially when you compare it to this:



Which would you rather eat?
(You don't have to answer that).

And when I photograph my Spinach Artichoke Pasta,

THIS -----------> 


doesn't even come close to  

THIS-------------->


I've had a long day, and I've lost my wit.
I think the point was, Spinach, Artichoke, and Pasta aside - 
I wish you were here.

0 comments: