Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little dose of "Shut Up". With love, of course.

While I assume you meant for me to appreciate the fact that Guy and I once again are in unknowning agreement, (which I assure you, I do) this unwittingly gets you in trouble with me because the fact that you were whining about the price of the dress shows me that YOU DISREGARDED EVERYTHING I SAID.

I'll admit I'm no fashion maven when it comes dresses, and lord knows our different tastes and style go together like tea and pepsi, (you can fight me over whether you get to be the "tea" or "pepsi" later), but I do know how to spend money; both the easy way, and the hard way. I also know that you would scrape together two pennies and save the shavings to meld into another penny, if such a thing were possible.
(Please don't try it. It's not.)

And spending $1500 on a dress for this occasion is right on target. (I do have an official source that I will more than happily disclose to you, should you wish me to be less discreet.)

In the meantime, I'd like you to shut up about how much money you're about to spend and be grateful for the fact that neither me nor your man are going to let you buy anything less than you deserve.
Right, Guy?

That's what I thought.

0 comments: