Saturday, May 8, 2010

You know it's been too long since you've blogged when...

...you can't remember the universal password you created to log into the blog.
So I've been moping about the fact that school has been consuming my life these last 7 weeks, to be exact. I am counting the days until my classes are over (May20th) and all I will have left are my Azusa Pacific classes. (Just in case you didn't know, I'm taking a history and child development course on top of the APU courses I'm in.)
Now that we're on the same page, let's just take a moment to look back at these last couple weeks, because I refuse to believe that my life is dead.

So let me see what we've got here.

Oh yes. Meet Draca, Ashlee Garman's new rat that I was asked to pet sit.
Lucky for me I like ratties. We had her for a week before she was returned to their care...
I wonder if she's still alive.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~


This is a picture of Potato Croissant dough that I was making by scratch to serve for Easter Dinner.


You know the only bread I have ever made from scratch has been the dough we put together to throw into my breadmaking machine, which I have never used since that time we used it on Elvenking. (Remember I was afraid to open the yeast because I thought it would be squirming around or maybe come crawling out of the packet? I do.)


These are the Potato Croissants that I baked and attempted to serve for Easter Dinner, but my mother prevented me, insisting that I had not let the dough risen properly. I was adament I had followed the "quick rise" directions properly, and to demonstrate utter confidence in my baking abilities, I ate the bread, which was a fine idea until I swear it began rise in my stomach. I know it was all in my head, but I couldn't shake the image of a baby bird's stomach bursting as it eats a grain of rice. They were as edible as they look there in the picture - which means, not very.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~~



This is William and David at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center in April. Emma and William both attended a spring camp sailing camp where they completed and earned a 15 hour sailing course certificate. William was pretty excited we got to be there and spend the morning with them.



Emma was also radiating exuberance and enthusiasm.







William, with his new found sailing skills and David (who was in the process of taking a crash course in sailing due to the fact that the Captain of the boat was only 7 years old, after all) sail off into the wild blue yonder...




...and get ship wrecked shortly thereafter. With a little bit of man power they were able to unbeach themselves and resume their expedition  out into the bay.





Sophia and I follow everyone's progress on a boat with a real motor. The camp leader was boating us around; he was 21 years old, was from Hyannisport (think Cape Cod), and had grew up racing sail boats and currently races competitively for University of California, San Diego. Pretty cool.






Later in the day we were able to have a picnic on the grassy beach. Naturally, after getting up at 5:45am and spending most of our time out on the water, somebody is bound to break down. Of course it was the seven year old and not the three year old.

Don't ask what happened - I don't remember. But I can pretty much guarentee you that it wasn't worth him dying on the towel in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~







Also, we do a lot of baseball - about 4 hours a week. All our practices and games are held at the local elementary school that is thankfully close.



And this is just proof that Emma does smile. Sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~~


So that's my life in pictures
Most recently, I told you about my gardening project. I'll save pictures for my next post.
Til then, Ta Ta my dearest!

0 comments: